Wednesday, June 10, 2009

the beauty of coincidental occurances


I spent many hours this afternoon reading this FANTASTIC book, "defining moments in music".

Its like this decade-by-decade review of a century of the major artists, albums, songs, performances and events in music. When they mean century, they really mean CENTURY. That hell of a book is 4 cm thick, and I had a hard time lugging it home a few weeks back.

But yes, its awesome.




Anyway, the book was filled with stuff about the Beatles. I came across this picture and wanted to put it up cause there seems to be some mini beatles craze going around. Eventually, I didn't cause I got too caught up watching friends and surfing the net.

Hmm, but I just read a site just now and saw the. exact. same. picture:


Talk about coincidence, man.




The song title "singing the blues" just stood out to me cause it seemed pretty familiar. I youtube-d it, and guess what I found!


Guy Mitchell - Singing the blues

Just look at that player! My dad used to own one, but he threw it away, and he only kept one or two of those vinyl records :/

No comments: